Leaving Cert business is concerned with the understanding of the environment in which business operates in Ireland and in the wider world.
Leaving Cert business is concerned with the understanding of the environment in which business operates in Ireland and in the wider world. It also involves equipping the students with a positive view of enterprise and its applications in the business environment, in both the public and private sectors.
The syllabus is broken down into three sections: A, B, and C.
Section A People in Business
- Introduction to people in business
- People and their relationships in business.
- Conflicting interests and how they are resolved
Section B Enterprise
- Enterprise Introduction and definition of enterprise
- Entrepreneurs and enterprise skills
- Introduction and definition of management
- Managers and management skills
- Household and business manager
- Human resource management
- Changing role of management
- Monitoring the business
Business in action
- Identifying opportunities
Section C Environment
- Categories of industry
- Types of business organisation
- Community development
- Business and the economy
- Government and business
- Social responsibilities of business
- Introduction to the international trading environment
- European Union
- International business